Happy new year folks!
A new year comes with new dreams,aspirations and expectations. However,irrespective of the size of your dreams, goal setting is a great way to plan how to achieve those big dreams of yours.
The following tips will help you set reasonable goals:
- Establish your purpose in life. If the purpose of a thing is unknown,abuse is definitely inevitable. Knowing your purpose will help in knowing the kind of goals to set.
- Write down your goals. Written goals are clearer, well defined and easy to assess.
- Determine your long term goals and short term goals and break them down into smaller goals that can be achieved on a daily or weekly basis.
- Prioritize your goals. This helps you to determine the most important as well as least important goals.
- Be precise in setting goals,don’t set unrealistic goals rather be truthful to your self and set goals that are achievable.
- Set time limit for each goal. Every goal must have a time frame for it to be achieved.
- Don’t be too hard on yourself. Allow for flexibility such that you can readjust your goals whenever it is necessary to do so.
- Have someone you can be accountable to regarding reaching your goals. The person could be your mentor, friend, sibling, colleague or someone who is honest and objective.
- Evaluate your goals periodically.It could be daily,weekly,monthly or quarterly assessment in order to know how far you have gone.